Red is committed to the protection of the health and safety of our employees, our customer's employees, and the general public. We believe that incidents and injuries are preventable, and that a job is only well done if it is done safely. We have documented Health, Safety and Environmental policies in place, and have a Safety Management System in operation.
Our goals are to:
- Prevent workplace incidents and injuries.
- Continually improve our health and safety performance.
- Foster a culture in which allemployees, partners, contractors and subcontractors share this commitment to health and safety and the environment.
- Have the best safety performance in the industry.
- Always manage our operations in the safest manner, by recognizing and assessing hazards and applying effective controls.
- Make safe conduct a condition of employment.
- Always comply with health and safety legislation and guidelines.
- Ensure our managers and supervisors provide the tools, supervision, training and resources needed for our employees to work safely.
- Ensure our employees and others on Red Transport worksites work safely.
- Involve all employees in our health and safety management system.
- Review our health and safety performance regularly, evaluate performance information and communicate performance to all employees.
- Learn from our experiences to prevent future incidents.
- Ensure that our formalized health and safety management system remains current with industry best practices.